Do you want to be part of a team pioneering advanced analytics throughout the world? Do you want to directly affect the lives of millions of customers in the markets of tomorrow? At Amplify, we are helping organizations to make use of existing data to take successful fact-based commercial decisions.
We are looking for a self-driven Machine Learning Engineer who is passionate about fields such as machine learning and predictive modeling but also software engineering, and big data concepts. As part of our data science team, you will be the driving force in operationalizing our machine learning models and making them scalable on the cloud platforms of our clients.
- Develop tooling and infrastructure that support data scientists with model deployment in production systems, especially in the domain of machine learning and AI. These production systems will include cloud environments (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Understand how a software component fits into a larger ecosystem of products and services. Understand how different pieces of software communicate with each other using library calls, REST APIs, database queries, etc., and build appropriate interfaces using this understanding.
- Pursue Software engineering best practices – including requirements analysis, system design, modularity, version control, and testing.
- Have experience in the use of standard implementations of Machine Learning algorithms widely available in various libraries and frameworks.
We treasure diversity and encourage candidates with different backgrounds and experience to apply
Ideally, you have the following profile:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in automating data science models and data pipelines.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in on-demand cloud computing platforms like AWS, Microsoft Azure.
- Solid hands-on experience in machine learning orchestration toolkits like Kubeflow.
- Strong experience in Git
- Strong experience in Docker.
- Strong experience in RESTful APIs.
- Experience with advanced modeling tools (R, Python, MySQL, Spark, etc.).
- Experience with frameworks/ libraries like Sklearn/ Tensorflow/ Pytorch.
- Fluent/Native English proficiency is an absolute must.
- A degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or another quantitative subject.
The following would also be a plus:
- Understanding of the theory of Machine Learning.
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages (preferably Java).
- Prior experience with Hadoop eco-system (Hadoop, Spark, Storm, etc.).
- Any experience of studying or working in an international environment would be an advantage.
- A track record of analytical or consultancy projects would be a huge advantage, but not a requirement.
When choosing Amplify, here is what you need to know:
- We work with international clients, so travel is occasional, conference calls are daily.
- Dynamic is one way to describe Amplify. We have ambitious growth plans which means you will be joining a growing, changing, evolving, learning, and never-giving-up, can-do organization. At the same time, challenges are faced as a team, in which people respect each other, so do not expect a Wolf of Wall Street kind of atmosphere.
- Flat structure and relaxed, sensible atmosphere – we are goal-oriented and pragmatic.
- Work-life balance is a priority, and we take this seriously – we know that happy people are productive people.
- We will compete for every piece of the pie – the world’s top consultancies are up against us, so our level of interaction and deliverables need to be exceptional.
- The opportunity to grow and learn is on the table, it is up to you to grab it and make the best out of it. Create your own destiny.