🐱👤 The Lead Data Scientist is a member of Amplify Analytix’s management team and is primarily responsible for leading and mentoring the Sofia-based data science team and managing its work on client projects, ensuring the application of appropriate data science tools, techniques, and practices in solving business problems of Amplify’s clients. The Lead Data Scientist will also actively grow the data science function in line with the overall vision and mission of Amplify, role model the Amplify culture, and play a major contribution in making Amplify the best and most interesting place to work for top performers who enjoy a collaborative culture.
🎯 Role requirements:
- Manage, mentor, and coach the local data science team, being generous in sharing your experience for the benefit of the team.
- Strive to make Amplify Analytix the best and most interesting place to work for its people.
- Retain and grow the best possible, and most diverse data science team.
- Maintain a growth mindset and encourage the team to cultivate the same.
- Lead efforts to design and implement robust development and delivery processes.
- Set goals and training plans for the local data science team. Monitor performance against KPIs regularly.
- Be a role model on behaviours you expect from the team.
- Provide the team with an environment of psychological safety and intellectual freedom to experiment.
- Deliver excellence to existing customers, understand their priorities, and earn growth from them.
- Support business development efforts (workshops, client-facing activities, proposal & proposition development).
- Establish the Amplify Analytix brand through participating in speaking events, contributing articles to journals, etc.
- Help shape the Amplify brand, products, and propositions around key areas.
- Work as a data scientist on professional services engagements and projects.
- Assist in recruitment.
🔎 What we are looking for:
- Strong experience in the delivery of data science and analytics.
- Significant experience inspiring, managing, mentoring, and coaching data scientists and analysts and creating an atmosphere of trust.
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to work across multiple teams and levels within the organization.
- A data storyteller with an appreciation for both the power and limits of data. You will be able to communicate your findings, orally and visually in a clear, accessible, and actionable manner.
- Ability to formulate complex business problems into hypotheses and proof of concepts for testing.
- Masters in Statistics, Math, Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics, or another quantitative field.
- Strong knowledge of Python and SQL.
- Experience in developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining models.
- Understanding of good software development practices: refactoring, pair programming.
- Experience in modern development tools and writing code collaboratively is a plus.
- Experience in driving the implementation of solutions on cloud platforms (AWS, Azure).
- Strong project management skills.
🤝 We can offer you:
- International exposure in cross-cultural teams.
- Amazing entrepreneur spirit.
- Friendly and collaborative working environment.
- Access to certification courses.
- Hybrid working policy.
- Additional Health insurance and Multisport cards.
- Employee Referral Program.
🌍🏳️🌈 At Amplify Analytix we stand for equal opportunities, we respect and foster diversity. All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality, based entirely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience, and relevant business requirements.
This job description may be amended and supplemented by the employer in case of changing the requirements and obligations arising from legislative or structural changes.